fbpx

Call us or send us a WhatsApp message on +962796060064 | +962799766633

OUR LOCATION

Istishari Hospital - Amman - Jordan

+962 796060064

Call Us Now

Gastric Sleeve



Book your appointment on a mobile / WhatsApp: 00962796060064

Gastric Sleeve has become a popular choice for weight loss in a simple procedure, as the recovery period is short and the patient can get back to his/her daily routine within a few days.

Gastric Sleeve is suitable for all patients except those with severe acid reflux and those whose obesity is a result of excess sugar intake.

How It Works

Gastric Sleeve is performed using a laparoscope. The surgeon makes 4-5 laparoscopic openings of a maximum 1 cm.  Then, approximately 80% of the stomach is removed, leaving 20% the shape of a tube or “sleeve” which holds 100-150 ml of food.

The procedure takes around 20 to 45 minutes. The patient is discharged after two nights and the full recovery takes a week.

Weight Calculator

Weight (kg)
Height (cm)

BMI

Meaning

Ideal Weight

Advantages

  • The patient loses 80% of the excess weight
  • Up to 70% lower blood sugar, up to 80% lower blood pressure, and up to 90% lower cholesterol levels
  • Highly safe and does not affect stomach functions
  • The hunger-inducing hormone is reduced by removing the part of the stomach responsible for its production
  • The recovery period is short and the patient can get back to his/her daily routine within a week

Side Effects

20% of the patients who undergo the Gastric Sleeve surgery are likely to suffer from acid reflux and heartburn; however, these side effects fade within two years.

Cautions

Like every other procedure, the Gastric Sleeve requires thorough understanding by the patient, and its success highly depends on the patient’s will to make a difference and change his/her eating habits, especially avoiding sweets, sodas, and chips.

Recovery

  • The patient should have regular meals while reducing fat and carbohydrate intake
  • The patient should ensure that he/she drinks not less than 6 glasses of fluids a day
  • The patient should chew his/her food well enough
  • The patient should exercise regularly

Gastric Sleeve Prices

Know More

Book your appointment on a mobile / WhatsApp: 00962796060064

WhatsApp chat